The senior accounting position overseeing financial statements, reporting, internal controls/SOX, and budgeting for the eAssist consolidated business, ensuring compliance with US GAAP. This individual will be responsible for the monthly closes and the consolidated entities. Responsibilities also include partnering with senior management to support future growth opportunities through ad hoc reporting, process modification, and automation.
- Oversee the monthly close process for revenue and expenses and partner with the Henry Schein Corporate Controllership team on all other areas of the monthly close process to ensure US GAAP compliance. Provide financial leadership and controllership guidance to identify key risks and opportunities. Prepare a monthly summary financial highlights for senior management.
- Assume a leadership role in monthly reporting and ensure timely, complete, and accurate submissions. Prepare a monthly summary financial highlights for senior management.
- Pro-actively analyze profitability, growth, headcount and expenses, investigate unusual items and prepare monthly performance reports to management. Provide recommendations to management, based on sound financial understanding of the P&L, balance sheet and cash flow effect on business decisions.
- Ownership for completion of SOX compliance, quarterly footnotes, and other corporate compliance, as well as working with Henry Schein Tax for corporate filings.
- Supervise the accounting function and work with Henry Schein internal & external auditors.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as needed.
Typically direct a large complex section of a department or a complex department with significant scope and financial and operational impact. Role may focus on executing a large and very complex/complicated process. Accountable for performance and results. Make recommendations for the objectives, policies and plans of the sub-function(s). Accountable for meeting the strategic, and operating objectives of the sub-function(s). Operate with substantial latitude for un-reviewed action or decision. Often plays a role in high-level projects that have an impact on the company’s future direction.
Work on complex, numerous and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires in-depth knowledge of the company and an evaluation of intangibles. Knowledge of all areas within sub-function(s) derived from experience in non-management and middle-management roles allowing for innovative concepts and promoting new ideas within the function.
Participate in establishing the strategic direction to ensure alignment with overall Company strategy and initiatives. Focus may be on the execution of a large and/or complex processes. Translate and guide team to implement strategy.
Direct and control activities through varying levels of staff who have responsibility for the operation of the assigned area and/or process or system.
Regularly interact with executives and/or major customers/stakeholders. Ability to negotiate with customers or management and influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance. Build personal networks to achieve mutually beneficial solutions.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
Typically 6 to 8 years of increasing responsibility and complexity in terms of any applicable professional experience; 3 or more years of senior accounting experience.
Typically a Bachelor’s Degree or global equivalent in related discipline. Master’s degree or global equivalent is a plus.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Outstanding management and leadership skills and ability to attract, retain, motivate, develop, mentor and coach team members for high performance
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and ability to resolve disputes effectively
- Outstanding presentation and public speaking skills
- Expert independent decision making, analysis and problem solving skills
- Understand, interpret and act on financial information and external trends that contributes to business profitability
- Plan and manage complex and successful projects; understand available resources, develop timeline, budget and assign areas of responsibility
- Lead teams to achieve company goals and solve complex business issues in creative and effective ways
- Expert planning and organizational skills and techniques
- Communicate effectively with senior management and key stakeholders
- Excellent negotiating skills and ability to effectively manage internal and external relationships
- Ability to influence, build relationships, understand organizational complexities, manage conflict and navigate politics
- Broad professional skills with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures
- Lead and develop virtual teams
- Expert in multiple technical and business skills
- Strategic planning skills
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Experience managing the financial reporting of a services business is preferred
- Strong commitment to financial accuracy and data integrity is required
- Must possess an enthusiasm for identifying and implementing process improvements
- BS in Finance or Accounting required, and MBA/MAcc or CPA preferred.
- Big 4 Experience
- Understanding of US GAAP
Typically, to advance to a new job level, TSMs must demonstrate professional behavior and should consistently be at the high-end of meets expectations or consistently exceed expectations.
TRAVEL / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Travel typically less than 10%. Office environment. No special physical demands required.